Course Description: Disagreements, differences of opinion and conflicting perspectives on key issues inevitably arise in any context where people are working together.
Research has shown that workplace conflicts can become highly destructive. Negative emotions may be stirred up, poisoning team morale, creating stress and destroying relationships.
Conflict may emerge between managers and their staff, between team members or departments.
Conflict may be expressed openly, but it may also be hidden, in the form of irritation, resentment, loss of morale and lack of commitment. Hidden conflict is easy to miss and therefore can be particularly damaging.
Ultimately, this is likely to have an adverse effect on team and company performance, costing time and money.
It is therefore vital to manage conflict constructively.
As an team member and leader, your ability to deal with and resolve conflicts defines your success in the longer term.
Our one day workshop in Conflict Management and Communication Skills immerses you in the most advanced conflict management tools, strategies and practices applicable today. You will gain hands on practice on proven frameworks, go through simulations and exercises that will train you to be highly effective professional and leader, starting day one.
1) Science behind workplace conflicts
2) Understanding Human Behaviour
3) Different Personality Types
4) Conflict Management Styles
5) Conflict Management Strategies
6) Workplace Conflicts
7) Conflict Resolution Agreements
8) Working with difficult people
9) Relationship and reputation management
- Getting a handle on and gaining insights into your conflict management style through self-assessments (TKI®).
- Role playing to practice techniques and new skills in a safe environment.
- Proven best practices for approaching conflict management.
- Practices for resolving conflict as a third party mediator.
- Scientifically validated frameworks on effective communication in stressful situations.
- Transferring your learning back to your work environment using job aids, templates and other resources.
How You Will Benefit
- Build trust and credibility with colleagues and team members
- Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships.
- Gain confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively.
- Manage difficult situations proactively.
- Increase your effectiveness in managing conflict.
- See growth in your overall performance
Once after the training we will provide you the course completion certificate.
Get tickets for this event on: EventBrite.